Camp Sherman 2011

under the big tent
matsoberg
Maker: Mats Oberg

Camp Sherman 2011

Post by matsoberg »

The dates for The Annual Fly Fishing and Bamboo Fly Rod Fair 2011 at Camp Sherman, Oregon has been set. This is what I recieved from Monsieur Roger White the other day:

Hi,
I guess I shouldn't keep everyone in the dark! The dates for the show are the 16th & 17th of July. Same hours, and hopefully we'll be a bit busier on Sunday afternoon.
The table fee is for both days of the show also.
Roger
Last edited by matsoberg on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.scandcane.com

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish they are after". - Henry David Thoreau
PMcRoberts
Dunsmuir Shingle Shaker

Post by PMcRoberts »

Mats,

I am looking forward to this!! Hopefully we will have some new wheels to get there by then!!

I reserved the same place as last year, so we should be easy to find!!! Booked it when we checked out last year.....so we are officially regulars now!!

I am really hoping one of my kids takes up flyfishing soon!! I would enjoy having them come on one of our trips!! I guess a bamboo stick, feathers and metal just don't have the same appeal as airsoft, xbox and BMX bikes!!!

Paul
Keep smiling........it makes people wonder what you're up to!!!
matsoberg

Post by matsoberg »

Ok, picking up this one again.

Cool Paul, that cabin was great by the river and all. Me and the cowboy will be at the Aspen room at the RV park next to the show. It´s not the Hilton but it´s good enough for us with a kitchenette.
Gary asked us to stay with them again which is very generous, but we wanted to have a room for ourselves this time.

So, who´s aming for the show this year? Heck I´m starting to feel like a regular....
www.scandcane.com

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish they are after". - Henry David Thoreau
Umpqua Beaver

Post by Umpqua Beaver »

You are a regular, Mats--Andy too. I'm planning on being there, and hopefully Dad will be able to make it this year. We'll be camping the week prior in that hovel of tents and rv's that includes Roberts, Brock, and all the other boo fiends that I have fallen in with those many years ago.

I haven't decided yet about setting up a table of oldies, since the price doubled, but the dutch oven cobbler will make an appearance for certain.

Looking forward to another great year on the Met.
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

Umpqua Beaver wrote:I haven't decided yet about setting up a table of oldies, since the price doubled, but the dutch oven cobbler will make an appearance for certain.
I remember the last cobbler you made! Well, I'm sure it wasn't the last one you made, just the last one I tasted.
One would never know they were sitting in the woods the way that pie tasted!

Worth the price of admission alone.
Umpqua Beaver

Post by Umpqua Beaver »

You're too kind Brother Mike, but to tell you the truth, it's almost fuckupproof.
PMcRoberts
Dunsmuir Shingle Shaker

Post by PMcRoberts »

Sooooooo,

Since July is getting closer, anyone else leaning towards going to Camp Sherman?? I am still going though I may spend the time visiting with friends and fishing versus hanging out at the show. Would jump at the chance to meet and hang out with some of you in person!!

Best,
Paul
Keep smiling........it makes people wonder what you're up to!!!
stevekiley
Maker: Steve Kiley

Post by stevekiley »

i will be there for sure,looking forword to seeing everyone again,steve
matsoberg

Post by matsoberg »

stevekiley wrote:i will be there for sure,looking forword to seeing everyone again,steve
Cool, I was wondering where the hell you were.... :lol: It´ll be great to meet up again.
www.scandcane.com