Click For Skogen

where ideas grow
matsoberg
Maker: Mats Oberg

Post by matsoberg »

I just got paid for a spare tip section, so this past Monday I bought two squares!

// Mats

Oh, I almost forgot... Clic!

:D
www.scandcane.com

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish they are after". - Henry David Thoreau
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

You get that much for a spare tip?
Remind me that I can't afford your work!

Good for you and Skogen!
matsoberg

Post by matsoberg »

Thanks!

Did I say the tip covered it all? Nooo....

Half an hour to a new day here, so It´ll be a click before I hit the sack.

Clic!
www.scandcane.com

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish they are after". - Henry David Thoreau
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

Over 19,000 clicks yesterday!

The bad news is that your click only buys 2.5 decimeters again...
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Tu Bishvat

Post by adam »

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia wrote: Tu Bishvat

Almond tree in blossom on Tu Bishvat
Official name Hebrew: ט״ו בשבט
Also called New Year of the Trees; Birthday of the Trees
Observed by Jews
Significance The fruits that grew from Tu Bishvat on were counted for the following year's tithes
Date 15th of Shvat
2008 date January 22
2009 date February 9
2010 date January 30
Observances Planting trees, eating dried fruits, Tu Bishvat "seder"

Tu Bishvat (or Tu B'Shevat) (Hebrew: ט״ו בשבט‎) is a minor Jewish holiday in the Hebrew month of Shevat, usually sometime in late January or early February, that marks the "New Year of the Trees" (Hebrew: ראש השנה לאילנות, Rosh HaShanah La'Ilanot‎). Tu Bishvat is one of four "New Years" mentioned in the Mishnah. Customs include planting trees and eating dried fruits and nuts, especially figs, dates, raisins, carob, and almonds. In Israel, the flowering of the almond tree, which grows wild around the country, coincides with Tu Bishvat.
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

OK alls youse brothers...this is damn near last call...
Just a month to go!
According to the website 1900 squares still need to be purchased. 1900!

A square is around 300 bucks, I think. Donating to them directly wasn't particularly easy in the big scheme of things but it will take you a few minutes. If you can spare five bucks...ten...

If we fail and lose this 600 acres to logging and condo's, then that's the way it goes. Maybe they have another project on the horizon.
There is NO Grassart square on the board that I found. If you donate directly...please put in the header or message "from Grassart"

Ken...is there a way to find out just how much the members here have contributed?
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

I could probably get the info. from Ann because she is tracking all donations that have "from Grassart" in the message box so if we reach a quantum sufficit to purchase a square or more it can be tagged as from our group. I told her originally that we have no interest in tracking "who from" or "how much", just the team total if it ends up amounting to enough for a significant specified plot(s).

Guess I need to get off my butt and email Patagonia/Y. C. with a heads-up and link to the site before Ted Turner jumps in, buys the whole thing then fences it off. :roll:
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

I don't 'think'...(first problem) anyone really cares if their name is attached, rather, I'm just curious how close 'we' are to getting a square. Maybe it would kick a couple of us to action and get it done.

Wayne...gottcha strips via UPS today! Thanks brother!
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

30 Days Left

Post by SnooKen »

Ann Rask emailed me this morning. The Grassart total thus far is 800 SEK. Mats' 2 squares are in the NW quadrant of the map. If you mouse your pointer thingy over them his name pops up; click on it and his website links on. Pretty cool.

"Dear Ken

So far we have recieved 800 SEK in donations from Grassart. Need a bit more untill its a square. Maybe remind all the members again?

Wish you a great day!

Ann"

I just emailed Patagonia a note about Skogen Forest with a link to the website. One of the many great things about the Internet; electronic links reinforcing and emphasizing the real links that tie us all to each other.
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
matsoberg

Post by matsoberg »

Yeah, and in addition to the squares I also bought a couple of trees. I marked the purchase "Grassart" so I guess the tree money is in the pool.
www.scandcane.com