smallstreams.com

where ideas grow
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Yup, same thing.

Gus is probably messing with the settings and or working on getting all the pieces in place.

smallstreams.com has a lot more buzzers and bells than here and uses "up to date" software. Sometimes "up to date" isn't proven or has bugs.

I'm thinking it's a bug thing.

I'm hoping that it becomes stable and working smooth at some point.
greendrake

Post by greendrake »

I was having trouble too Steve,I logged in and it showed at the bottom that I was indeed logged in and on the forum but nothing came up.It kept going back to the log in page or stayed at the board page.I thought it was Internet Explorer acting up again so I closed IE and went Mozillas' Firefox and was able to read everything that had been posted since my last visit plus I made a post.That convinced me that it was IE again,now after reading Adams post I'm not so sure.If my computor goes down I may just get a Mac so that I don't have to put up with all of IEs' idiosynchrosies.
Will
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

Same deal with me today. "No Boards"?? Thought this boat was built with planks??? :wink:
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
stevekiley
Maker: Steve Kiley

Post by stevekiley »

hi will,i use firefox and still get the same thing you did,go figure,steve
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

"no boards" is Gus maybe making the thing disappear if you are not logged in.

That stuff is his thing, he likes to play around with settings, I'm hoping he gets to a point where he will figure it out and leave it alone and just add forums or what ever.

I'll send him a really mean e-mail about it.

:twisted:
stevekiley
Maker: Steve Kiley

Post by stevekiley »

you guys sill having problems with small streams.i can see where there are new posts and a new member when i log in but no forum still,steve
pcg

Post by pcg »

Will,
Before you resort to buying a Mac, try Apple's Safari browser. It's free & runs on a PC. Go to apple.com. No guarantees that that will work, but it's a slick browser regardless, and compared to IE, it sings.
Pat
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

I'll ask Gus if he will come over here and answer some questions, maybe it will help.
greendrake

Post by greendrake »

Wow, That sounds like a winner Pat.I can't believe a company as huge as Microsoft would let the problems that continue to happen to IE to continue.You would think that they would want to have the best and they certainly have enough brainpower working for them.

Steve I'm still having problems if I try to log in with IE.It shows at the bottom (after I click on the log in button) where the names of registered users online is that I am online.but in the upper right hand corner where it says FAQ, Memberlist , Log in it still says that I need to log in (and even though my moniker shows up at the bottom saying that I'm online,if I was online the upper right should say log out).When this happens I close IE and go to Mozilla and smallstreams then works for me.I'd stay on Mozilla all the time but I've never figured out how to open 2 windows at the same time.There is nothing to click onto open a new tab.And I have moved my curser over everything including the file,edit,view,favorites,tools and help.Not one damn thing shows up about opening a new tab THEREFORE I can't cut and paste to put pics in my posts.Sometimes it takes all the strength I have to keep from throwing the monitor up against the wall.It's frustrating,especially when I realise most of it is caused by my lack of formal computor training. :roll:

Will

PS Oh yeah I forgot to add "When it rains,it pours!" My fricken' well pump gave up the ghost yesterday and now the only water in the house is the 2 cases of water in gallon jugs I had to go out and buy last night.The cheapest well pump I can find is $650 and I can't get my brother to help me install it until Sunday.I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay a plumber a couple hundred dollars to do what my brother and I can do in about an hour.
gstrand

Post by gstrand »

OK guys -

First, if you are not logged in it will tell you there are no forums. That is to prevent unregistered lurkers. In my experience, if people are made to register, they will participate more, and frankly, nobody should just get to peep on your streams...

On logins, you may be having issues with cookies - if you were originally invited to the smallstreams.info site, now that it's smallstreams.com, your cookies will be confused.

To fix it, try this:

1.) Delete your bookmark/favorite.
2.) Clear your cache/temporary internet files
3.) go to http://www.smallstreams.com
4.) Log in.
5.) add a new bookmark.

that should fix it!

If you have ANY problems, email me at gus@smallstreams.com - I don't check here too often. Thanks for pointing me here adam!