adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Please consider helping out with site cost

Post by adam »

Our home.

Please help with the site cost.

Times are tough.

The economy is affecting us all.

grassart.net costs are 35$ per year (domain registration) plus $10 per month (hosting) = $155 per year operating cost

That's not counting my internet service bill, that would be my bill but I do take a lot of time to take care of the site so I add it in there when I look at what the site cost me.

But I have learned a wealth of information on all aspects of fly fishing, making rods and life. The site is awesome and I'm going to keep it going no matter what.

I've had several of you suggest that I put out a tin cup to help with the cost.

I will list (nameless) the amount of money that I am in receipt of. I'm not looking for charity, I'm a bit too proud for that however, if you guys want to help with the cost, I think that is acceptable.

3 times I have applied for the Barrack Obama "Making Homes Affordable" plan and have been denied. The reasons each time they send a rejected notice are absolutely ridiculous. We fit the criteria to a "T" and our home has lost more than half it's value and we have had an increase in our bills by a significant margin since we purchased the home.

So M and I are battening down the hatches, unfortunately, this is one way to do it.

DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED TO DONATE.

I will pay for the site, it isn't going to go away if you don't. Not about that.

Thanks in advance.

SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

Adam, you can count on us to help out. Grassart is the best kind of community, a "family by choice". We're a pretty damned diverse bunch here but we hold a lot in common. Our differences keep things interesting, promote learning and a greater understanding of ourselves.

Glad you are willing to let us share the load with you, brother. That's what friends are for.

Ken
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
Carlin
Maker: Far North Rodsmiths

Post by Carlin »

I know moving is never fun, but have you considered changing providers? I pay around $10/year for my domain names and around $7/mo for my hosting - 150GB storage, 1500GB/mo. bandwidth, etc. Not sure if that is adequate but it'd save $60/year if it would work.
Chris

adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Chris, not moving as far as I can help it.

We are restructuring our budget so that we don't have to move hence the support request.

I realize that networksolutions.com is a bit pricey however, I can palate the communication with them concerning the domain they host and most of all, the service. I have seen many lose their domain because of the host and then not be able to salvage it back to their ownership because the host holds it hostage. Not the case with networksolutions. Web site hosting is done because of the support and security. When I found the guy who hosts the site, ALL problems ceased and he answers the e-mail and works with me in development of the site.

I appreciate the suggestion and I welcome any and all help but with this one, it is as inexpensive as I can make it on myself and feel comfortable in NOT losing the data. Been there, done that, don't want to go back.
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

I am floored with the help I have received at this point.

Thank you.

Hosting costs are pulled straight from PayPal, this works well.
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Please, each one of you who have contributed, I am going to write you a personal note. I am busy getting ready to visit my Mom, kids, everything. I will take time and address each one of you.
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

e-mail from my wife

Post by adam »

This is so true:

I dreamt that I went to Heaven and an angel was showing me around. We walked side-by-side inside a large workroom filled with angels. My angel guide stopped in front of the first section and said, ' This is the Receiving Section. Here, all petitions to God said in prayer are received. '

I looked around in this area, and it was terribly busy with so many angels sorting out petitions written on voluminous paper sheets and scraps from people all over the world.

Then we moved on down a long corridor until we reached the second section.

The angel then said to me, ' This is the Packaging and Delivery Section. Here, the graces and blessings the people asked for are processed and delivered to the living persons who asked for them. ' I noticed again how busy it was there. There were many angels working hard at that station, since so many blessings had been requested and were being packaged for delivery to Earth.

Finally at the farthest end of the long corridor we stopped at the door of a very small station. To my great surprise, only one angel was seated there, idly doing nothing. ' This is the Acknowledgment Section, ' my angel friend quietly admitted to me. He seemed embarrassed ' How is it that there is no work going on here? ' I asked.

'So sad, ' the angel sighed. ' After people receive the blessings that they asked for, very few send back acknowledgments. '

'How does one acknowledge God 's blessings? ' I asked.

'Simple, ' the angel answered. Just say, ' Thank you, Lord. '

'What blessings should they acknowledge? ' I asked.

'If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of this world. If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish, you are among the top 8% of the world 's wealthy. '

'And if you get this on your own computer, you are part of the 1% in the world who has that opportunity. '

'If you woke up this morning with more health than illness ... You are more blessed than the many who will not even survive this day. '

'If you have never experienced the fear in battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation ... You are ahead of 700 million people in the world. '

'If you can attend a church without the fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death you are envied by, and more blessed than, three billion people in the world. '

'If your parents are still alive and still married ..you are very rare.'

'If you can hold your head up and smile, you are not the norm, you ' re unique to all those in doubt and despair. '

Ok, what now? How can I start?

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you as very special and you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world who cannot read at all.

Have a good day, count your blessings, and if you care to, pass this along to remind everyone else how blessed we all are
ATTN: Acknowledge Dept.
'Thank you Lord, for giving me the ability to share this message and for giving me so many wonderful people with whom to share it. '

If you have read this far, and are thankful for all that you have been blessed with, how can you not send it on? I thank God for everything, especially all my family and friends!
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

Amen to that
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
Gerard
Canebum

Re: e-mail from my wife

Post by Gerard »

adam wrote:I thank God for everything, especially all my family and friends!
Amen.
The fishing was so good I thought I was there yesterday.