American "Tenkara Net"

fixed line fly fishing
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

That is, indeed, a beautiful net.

Some thoughts: Long rod & long line.......longer than usual handle might work better but.........would be nice if the handle were telescoping like the rod for compact carry & quick deploy or bungee-coupled sections like a Folstaff.........Pat mentioned "wire rim".........maybe a titanium wire like those found in foldable windshield sunshades, set up to retract into the hollow handle so the hoop could be reduced greatly in diameter between deployments.........still, that is, indeed, a beautiful net.

Now tell us the details, dawg.
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
Tom Smithwick

Net for Tenkara

Post by Tom Smithwick »

I'm mostly bank fishing spring creeks, and sometimes have to get a fish over a band of algae, or vegetation next to the bank. I recently got one of the Feather-Craft walking nets, and think it will serve well, if it will ever stop snowing here.
http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php?s ... rget=EW434
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

greendrake

Post by greendrake »

WOW! That is a beautiful net.
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Second only to the net you guys gave me.

I would not dare fish with this one with a bamboo rod in hand, that is why I had the net made with bamboo, so I could take it with me.

My priorities are in order, you guys, the net you gave me is the most beautiful net in the world to me.

Thank you.
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

What do you think, Will? You look like a guy who could use another project or two. Keep ya' out of trouble, you know. Aren't those crosscuts full of power fibers something?!!
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.