FOUND: STOLEN ROD

outright, trade or barter
South Creek Ltd.

FOUND: STOLEN ROD

Post by South Creek Ltd. »

We are asking for your help in finding this rod. It was taken on June 28, 2008 from our client's vehicle while he was providing Casting Lessons at the Arkansas River Valley Nature Center in Fort Smith, Arkansas. The owner has waited these months to allow for any possible misunderstanding for the rod to be returned. If you have seen this rod or have any information regarding its location, your help would be most appreciated. As I'm sure you can imagine, the owner is devastated.

It is a very distinct Custom bamboo fly rod:

7' 6" 3 piece/2 tip 4 weight, Serial Number 200636

Butt cap is engraved with an Oakleaf Pattern and the South Creek Ltd. Logo
End of butt cap is engraved "GPH"
Sliding band is engraved "HONEY"
Under the varnish the cane is inscribed with "South Creek Ltd." , the rod specs, signed by Michael D. Clark, and the Serial Number is inscribed on each section
Multi-colored, banded Brazilian Agate stripping guide
Honey colored cane
Honey colored intermediate wraps
Spanish Cedar reel seat insert

Brown, varnish finished major wraps, double tipped Dark Brown
Ferrule plugs
Black powder anodized rod tube with brass fittings; fully intact South Creek Ltd. tube label.
Thank you to the Administrators of this Forum for allowing this posting
Kathy Jensen
South Creek Ltd.

South Creek Ltd.

Stolen rod found

Post by South Creek Ltd. »

The owner of the rod wishes to express his deep gratitude for aid he received in locating the rod. As it was said here "it's a small world." We have been asked not to reveal any of the details of the rod's recovery as we do not want to discourage this kind of help for others in the same situation in the future. You are an unbelievable bunch of great people along with the Forum owners who provided this service. Hopefully, seeing this type of cooperation and exchange of information on these Forums will act as a deterrent.

Most grateful to all involved,
Mike & Kathy
greg hall

Post by greg hall »

Of course it helped a lot that the rod is virtually one of a kind but just the same it's great to see good things happen to and for good people.
fishketcha

Post by fishketcha »

I just learned of the stolen rod recovery. I am very impressed. I'll bet the thief didn't have a clue what he was getting himself into. This reminds me of the verizon wireless commercials with all the people following you around supporting you. It's almost like we have a EPIRB on every rod providing we take clear pictures as Mike took of his rod. I love happy endings. Hey, why aren't we putting micro chips in these rods?

Wayne
greg hall

Post by greg hall »

Not a bad idea but who will have the equipment to read the chip?
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

The Vet.
Welcome Wayne!
Gerard
Canebum

Re: Stolen rod found

Post by Gerard »

South Creek Ltd. wrote:The owner of the rod wishes to express his deep gratitude for aid he received in locating the rod. As it was said here "it's a small world." We have been asked not to reveal any of the details of the rod's recovery as we do not want to discourage this kind of help for others in the same situation in the future. You are an unbelievable bunch of great people along with the Forum owners who provided this service. Hopefully, seeing this type of cooperation and exchange of information on these Forums will act as a deterrent.

Most grateful to all involved,
Mike & Kathy
Fantastic news!!
The fishing was so good I thought I was there yesterday.