SOLD: kiley mosaic 6'8" 3 wt.

outright, trade or barter
stevekiley
Maker: Steve Kiley

SOLD: kiley mosaic 6'8" 3 wt.

Post by stevekiley »

SOLD thanks for the intrest. this rod came out with some minor glue lines so i cant sell it as an "A" grade rod,you have to look closely to see them.i am offering it to my friends here only.
based on a F.E. Thomas 6'8" 3wt. agate stripper,snake brand guides,bellinger reel seat and ferrules,circasian walnut reel seat filler,black onyx gemstone composite and mosaic pin in butt cap and ferrule plug.rod tube is black with brass caps.this is a 2/2 rod.thanks for looking and sorry for the poor photography.steve
Last edited by stevekiley on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
matsoberg
Maker: Mats Oberg

Post by matsoberg »

That´s a bargain for such a nice rod.

Posted a link to here from over at my place also so people will se it´s availible. Same price if the buyer is not on this board?

// Mats
www.scandcane.com

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish they are after". - Henry David Thoreau
stevekiley

Post by stevekiley »

mats,if its one of the guys on your board its cool,but they have to pay shipping to sweden,thanks mats,steve
Dalis

Post by Dalis »

It´s a lovely small rod Steve :) Do you know what the shipping cost will be to Sweden ?

// Mats (2)
stevekiley

Post by stevekiley »

i do not know the shipping cost,maybe mats could tell us what the best way to ship it is and i could go find out.or maybe he could bring it back with him when he is here in july for the met. show.thanks for looking steve
Carlin
Maker: Far North Rodsmiths

Post by Carlin »

USPS is the way to ship it to Sweden. The maximum length has recently been increased from 42 to 60 inches. If you can keep the packaged weight between 5 and 6lbs (which is the usual weight of a rod, sock, tube, sch40 pvc tube all packed inside a USPS triangular box - two put together in this case - or rectangular box) the cost for Priority Mail will be $40.50 US or Express Mail will be $51.35. Insurance for $500 will be an additional $7.15.
Chris

stevekiley

Post by stevekiley »

thanks chris
matsoberg
Maker: Mats Oberg

Post by matsoberg »

Sending the rod over here with an insurance value showing on the label means that the package will be subject to about 5 percent of duty fee of that value. On top of that, the total of value, shipping cost and duty fee will be taxed with 25 percent..... :?
Then the Swedish Postal service will add 80.00 SEK plus 25 percent tax, for handling the matter which makes it 100.00 SEK on top of the cost for the item and import fees.

Grab you calculator, Mats.... :wink:
www.scandcane.com

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish they are after". - Henry David Thoreau
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

Mats...
Thanks for the info.
Until just recently it was a reasonably simle matter to send apackage overseas( Sweden) and avoid the VAT.
I recently sent a package to Sweden and found they had changed the forms on our end.
It used to be simple to send a package for the declared value and insure it for more but no longer.
In other words, it used to be simple to send a rod for a declared values of components (say 250 dollars) but insure it for the actual value (say $1500) with no questions asked. After all, it's not at all unusual to buy something inexpensive and insure it for more than you paid for it.) But with the new custom forms on our end it makes it very much harder to do. You can still do that, but you have to be able to show the difference if something bad happens in between. It's a gamble, and one you can win, but if something unavoidable happens (like a forklift running over you rod tube) you have to be able to PROVE the value rather than simply CLAIM the value.