the lovely read

books on the shelf
aguafria

the lovely read

Post by aguafria »

I began reading this today and found at least a half dozen relevant blurbs or quotes worthy of citing here.

as I delved further into the book ? maybe less. damned interesting reading nonetheless.

one thing I think we all need to bear in mind is that what we're doing is building a fishing pole. regardless of the various nuances we bring to the pole. it's a tool meant to catch fish above and beyond anything else.

I will perhaps supplement this thread w/ some of the quips I fould poignant, assuming there's interest. might be tough since I can't underline or dogear anything, but the ones I liked were in the forward by brackett and the preface by howell ( the author).
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

It's a good book.
Quote away!
You are correct...dog erring, underlining, etc, will result in a horrible fate for you.
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

That's a book that ranks high on my "God I wish I could afford it" list, along with Colorado Cane and the Dickerson book. Any chance you'd be willing to send your copy to my printing connection in China? Can get you a deal on 100 copies for less than $5/each :lol: .
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

SnooKen wrote:Any chance you'd be willing to send your copy to my printing connection in China?
No, he wouldn't.
aguafria

Post by aguafria »

nope it's mine now.
all mine.

I finished it today and it's in safe keeping.
btw the was bamboo and congress dust all over that thing so I dusted it off for ya.
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

Thanks...now I'll have to dust all the other books off so they match.
aguafria

Post by aguafria »

sure you will I'll believe it when I see it.

if you'd read them they wouldn't be so dusty.

and I sure didn't take much from the book but I'll still get around to posting some of those opening statements I liked. by brackett and howells. just too much typing right now. I've been busy.