40%
Wounded Warriors
60%

Total votes: 5

SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

POLE RAFFLE POLL

Post by SnooKen »

Once again it is time to exercise the democratic process regarding the ultimate goal of the Makers' Rod Project.

Option 1: The rod goes to PHW for an open to the public raffle to raise money for the program's funding.

Option 2: The rod goes to PHW with the condition that they hold a free raffle open only to past and present wounded GI participants of the PHW program.

Gentlemen; Voting on this topic is limited to members of the GrassArt Build Team only.
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
greendrake

Post by greendrake »

Maybe a discussion by the makers should be held to determine the best option before voting.

I do not care which option is voted on because either is GOOD.

My only reservation would be to hope that the option we give PHW will be the one to do them the most good.

Example: If it goes to an individual, that may cause PHW to lose a major fundraiser that would be to the benefit of many.

Others may have other thoughts on this so I will hold off on voting until maybe we have kicked it around some..

Come on guys throw your ideas out there and let's get some input from everyone so that this rod gets the biggest bang for the buck.

Will
stevekiley
Maker: Steve Kiley

Post by stevekiley »

why dont we ask PHW what would be best.
greendrake

Post by greendrake »

That sounds reasonable Steve.

Ken can you find out for us?

Will
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

I will get in touch with them on the subject ASAP. There is, of course, the question of "the greatest good" and that most likely on a tangible basis would result from money generated by the rod going into PHW's operations account. OTOH there is IMO both a nonquantifiable value in the morale boost that would result from the rod being given to a wounded vet and possibly some measurable boost in donations to the program from people who learn of GrassArts' action in support of PHW.
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.