Colorado Cane Pictorial

under the big tent
HortonCreek

Colorado Cane Pictorial

Post by HortonCreek »

3 friends and myself attended the Colorado Cane Conclave hosted by Mike Clark and others in early August. It was really just a good excuse to fish the waters around Rocky Mtn National Park which we have been doing for several years now. I hope you enjoy and encourage attendance next year as the amount and diversity of rods and water as well as the scenery are spectacular. So are the people.

Jeff

Our "off the grid cabin" and friend Bill cookin up some eggs and bacon. We stayed 10 miles from Lyons and 10 miles from Allenspark entrance to Rocky Mtn National Park (RMNP)

Myself, and Builders Denver Dave, Homer Jennings, and Joe Arguello casting one of Dave's mortised rods

Fished some big water too...the Cache LaPoudre River outside Ft Collins in Canyon Area. Hooked into the largest dry fly trout of my life. Glad i had my Mike Clark 8'6" 5/6 wt!

Pig

25" Hoffer Rainbow. A cross between a rainbow and a cuttie that is resistant to whirling disease. I lost 2 others about the same size, all on dries. It was a great day.

grillin

Mike Clark's collection of Granger Registereds

It rains almost everyday in RMNP

St Vrain near the park

Gnome's traveling museum. Early Hawes, Kosmics, Leonards and dudes I never heard of

Big Water (Poudre)

Leetle Water

Where's Waldo?

Feesh

Friends

aguafria

Post by aguafria »

very very nice.
greendrake

Post by greendrake »

Jeff,

Great pics! Thanks for sharing them with us. No doubt that is a great gathering.

Nice bunch of registereds that Mike has collected.I noticed that one of them still has the plastic on the grip. I'm never lucky enough to stumble on something like that.

Will
roycestearns

Post by roycestearns »

Thanks for sharing those. The event is on my "to do" list. I need to see the Gnomes traveling show and of course fish some of that CO water.
Royce

"I invented the cordless extension cord. " stephen wright
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Sweet!

Thanks for posting, looks like a fine time indeed.

I love Colorado.
matsoberg
Maker: Mats Oberg

Post by matsoberg »

Beautiful! Lovely pic´s Jeff.

Colorado is a place I´d like to visit.

// Mats
www.scandcane.com

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish they are after". - Henry David Thoreau