Fishing by Satellite

fixed line fly fishing
aguafria

Post by aguafria »

wait, there's more...

detail pic of guide-worthy lunch spread...

later obi wan throws down some ninja voodoo on a wok.

the results...
make me wish I had indulged. instead I opted for a bowel busting red hot grilled sausage. I craved rice the next day.

jeepster as usual remained illusive to the camera's eye remaining a chimera to the world at large. kinda like bigfoot. who indeed resides in the white mountains. he's out there watching.

I had a hoot.
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Cool.

Now we can start working on our next trip.

An Oddysey over Apache land on the far side of the mountain.

Are you in?
aguafria

Post by aguafria »

adam wrote:
An Oddysey over Apache land on the far side of the mountain.

Are you in?
that depends largely on the weather and my mental state. if both are in agreement I'm game.
greendrake

Post by greendrake »

Looks like you had great weather and a good time even if the fishing wasn't exactly the best.

Curious,did anyone make any casts at the lake?

Will
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Lake X has large Apache and Brown trout.

I cast to small fish at the edges before sundown. A couple pecked at my fly, none where landed. You can't catch fish if you don't try.

The fishing AND catching on this trip was excellent, there were no suprises. I knew that Dinkville was a posibility and it became a reality.

Mike, Chef (from smallstreams.com) will be fishing the area, I may catch up with him. Apparently he has a tempura rod and is go go go with it.

I'm anxiously await for my Kiley rod to stuff in my pack. That may very well put the kaibosh on so much Tenkara.
stevekiley
Maker: Steve Kiley

Post by stevekiley »

god i wish i was with you guys,thats my kind of outting.steve
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Steve, you have family down here?

You do now.

You get down here and we will make an adventure to a place like this no problem.

I'll be taking a little of you with me soon anyway if you know what I mean.
ttalsma
Powerfibers Editor

Post by ttalsma »

Adam,

I just used Google Earth to look up my "home water (a tributary of the Pere Marquette here in MI)." Unfortunately, I can't see the water because of all the tree cover! :(
Todd Talsma
Zeeland MI
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

We have streams like that, tunnel streams. I was trying to look at one last night. The only way you know it's there is because of the landmarks and the bottom of the valley, I know how it goes...

Here in AZ, the areas I like are in "cienegas" which is like a valley flat bowl, a seep area that collects the water. There is sometimes a stream through or draining these cienegas. Readily visible from Google Earth but the stream bed can change drastically. The stream we fished had changed it's course in two weeks.
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

HA!

Melissa's best friend is in town from Kansas City. We are talking, "What do you do?" "Oh, I work for Garmin, I am a developer."

She works for Garmin.

In a matter of 15 minutes, I had my GPS registered, updated and a bunch of stuff loaded using her software. Man it's a small world.

She goes, "Let me know if you need anything from Garmin."

I'm going to upgrade the mapping memory.

She is telling me GARMIN stories, how it came to be, fascinating.