maker's rod notes (with progress images)

where ideas grow
stevekiley
Maker: Steve Kiley

Post by stevekiley »

i have not receved it yet,steve
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

The rod should have been there already.

Ken helped me track it down, I'll be picking it up on Friday after Thanksgiving and putting it in the mail myself.

Sorry for the delay, it's about twenty dollars in gas to get to Shay's and about that in shipping, money is tight right now but it's all good and no problem.
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

matsoberg wrote:How about some update here? Where is the rod?
It's still in my grubby hands...
Carlin
Maker: Far North Rodsmiths

Post by Carlin »

Just an FYI, I'll be gone February so if we want to have the rod finished and photographed before that I'll need to get the rod by or before the last week of January.

No worries if it doesn't make it, just letting you guys know. :wink:
Chris

SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

What with the Holidays and all it seems to me we should let the build proceed at a natural pace so nobody has to feel pressured to bust their chops. If it is done in time for the Summer that would be cool. Sooner is nice but just sayin'.
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
fishketcha

Hex Rod Case

Post by fishketcha »

Hi Folks,

I haven't been on here in a while so I'm sorry for no reply on the rod case. The last time I was on here, it sounded like this project was idle. I will get on the rod case if you all still want it. I have accomplished a new way of splicing my bamboo to make the rod cases any length. It won't be laser engraved, but I can flame it if desired. Let me know if you still want it and what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Wayne
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

Good to hear from you, Wayne. We did hit a slowdown on the project past few months but things should be cranking up again and we're now at the point where each build stage should move along pretty well. I'll let the other guys put in their ideas as to how to finish out the rod tube/case but am pretty sure they're going to be stoked with whatever you come up with.

We'll also figure out what to do as far as a brass plate (or plates) for the tube. Once we've got that figured I'll take care of ordering and getting it too whomever is going to do the last steps on the rod.

Have a nice Thanksgiving and best wishes for the Holidays.

Ken
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
fishketcha

Post by fishketcha »

Thank you Ken. I need to know an exact inside measurement and I will start it. I also need to know the address of where you want it to go.

Wayne
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

Wayne; The rod is an 8' 2/2 so internal dimensions of the case should be calculated to fit that. Once completed the case will go to Chris Carlin in Anchorage.

http://www.farnorthrodsmiths.com/
stevekiley
Maker: Steve Kiley

Post by stevekiley »

wayne,when i get the ferrules installed ,and ferrule plug made ,grip installed and reel seat fitted i will send you the exact mesurement,thanks steve