Taper for backpack bamboo

hike in fishing
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

That's funny.

I'm getting one of those alcohol stoves. You can fuel those with everclear.

Everclear doesn't make me paranoid.

Resin... nevermind.
greendrake

Post by greendrake »

Everclear? Isn't that the name of a recent rock band.You're taking them along on your backpack trip to provide music around the evening campfire while you hit the rod tube! Right? :lol: :wink:
Will
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Will, are you planning to do any ultra-light backpacking?
greendrake

Post by greendrake »

Adam,
When I was younger I used to do quite a bit of it in Garrett Co. That is Marylands western most county and it borders W.Va.,Ohio,and Pa. Very rugged rural county with huge(for a small state)amount of unbroken forests.The Savage River State Forest is 58,000 acres.Throughout Garrett Co. are numerous native brook trout waters. What a great time it used to be searching out and fishing these gems.And this was in a time when the vast amount of truly light weight gear that's available today was not available.Going light back then often meant experiencing some discomfort when camping.In order to go light usually meant leaving stuff behind.Didn't want to pack a two burner Coleman stove,the little 1 burner
stoves like you pictured were not that reliable back then.You either cooked on wood gathered onsite or packed along a can of Sterno to cook over.I think you mentioned once that you were near or already were 50,so you're old enough to remember Sterno :lol: .
I would love to be able to do that now,especially with the equipment that is available today BUT my lungs would not be able to handle walking over rough terrain carrying nothing.With a Knap sack packed with camping stuff would be totally out of the question,no matter how light the gear was!

It sure would be nice though to do it again.
Will
fleaflicker

Post by fleaflicker »

Wow, a one hitter in the real seat :shock:

Just think how the folk at ye great old flyfishers club of London would react when a fine cane rod was presented before them, admiring its beauty then to discover a fancy real seat, Youd put on a demonstration before them on how one utilizes this great new function ... Ho ho ho, they'd love it :lol:

Seriously though, You'd be surprised at how many you'd probably sell
Last edited by fleaflicker on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aguafria

Post by aguafria »

I would love a one-hitter in a reelseat.
lotsa guys I fish with as well.

did you design one steve?
stevekiley
Maker: Steve Kiley

Post by stevekiley »

i had some thoughts but never put them down on paper,i will see what i can come up with,steve
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

"One Hitters" are for the talentless and Lightweights. Real Mensch aren't even getting warmed up with a single pinch of Kryp. The only benefit I can see to the boogers is that they can be thrown far, will sink quickly and are cheap. Besides, who wants their fine cane rod confiscated as "evidence"??

Better to put those creative rodmaking talents to use figuring out how to make a working all NS Granger-style reel seat that doubles as a 1 pint flask. :idea: :!:
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
Bamboo Addict
Guide

Post by Bamboo Addict »

I am sure I won't have much to contribute to this section as my back packing days are gone. My back pack these years is a 14' camp trailer and a 1/2 ton P/U. With the sliding window and shell I can even pack my 8'ers.
So There :oops:
David
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

It's pathetic for me.

I can't wait to get to old to pack it in.

One day, I want to travel in a big land yacht and live there, set sail again and go.