Web Site

where ideas grow
Jerry Foster
Maker: Jerry Foster

Web Site

Post by Jerry Foster »

Hi all

I have just finished prototyping my new web site...Those of you interested in Rod Design might find the book on the Design Philosophy page interesting.
I hope so. I would appreciate any feedback...of course on grammar, but also on content..or if you would like to see parts of it in more detail..

On the The Rods page the Test Series is kind of an extension on design.

DISCLAIMER:
Firefox does't open the books..IE on some systems only brings up the book in a half screen mode (squished). on the bottom of the half page there is a little full page icon. If you click on that it will open up the screen. I'm still working on that issue...
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

is there a link somwhere on the rodmakers site? or where does one see this?
Jerry Foster

Post by Jerry Foster »

No Mike..it's right here on my clipboard..

http://skunkworksflyrods.com/Site/Welcome.html

Jer
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Sweet!

I like it very much, I like that you have payed tribute to the people who have helped you. That is really an honorable thing to do.

1. I would like to see pictures of your rods bent on the water, fishing.

2. I think a list of customer names, owners of your rods, that would be sort of a calling card, I think a rod will sell itself, if someone knows someone on the list, they have your rod, blah blah blah

3. More static pictures of your rods.

4. A picture of your froe, it will balance (slightly) the machine tech.

If you didn't do any of those things, it is still cool.

I enjoyed the picture of the outside of the shop, Skunkworks, like Area 51 only cooler.
PMcRoberts
Dunsmuir Shingle Shaker

Post by PMcRoberts »

Jerry,

I really like the site!! Can't wait to see it progress!!!

For some reason, the photos aren't coming up, and darn it, I'm using a mac like yours!!

Great Job!!

Paul

PS- Did you get any of my emails? At least the one about your television appearance???
Keep smiling........it makes people wonder what you're up to!!!
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

PMcRoberts wrote:PS- Did you get any of my emails? At least the one about your television appearance???
Wha...?
Jer, you gots some 'splainin' to do!

I never got any page to fully load, never was able to read any of the books, (cool program though, dig the page flippin') Is that software from Hungary?

I'd really like to read what you've written...hell there's a lot of things I'd like.
Carry on sir!
Mike
Tom Smithwick

web site

Post by Tom Smithwick »

Hi Jerry - It does not work for me using a mac and firefox. The pages flip, but there's nothing on them. It worked just fine with Safari.
First, let me say that what you have written is the clearest, most concise description of the technical approach to rod design that I am aware of. I have bookmarked the site, and will recommend it to anyone trying to grasp the concepts. I look forward to the site's completion.
Of course, you would not know this is coming from me unless I put on my unrepentant English major hat and dinged you for a couple typos. Just before you introduce the parabolic stress curve, you refer to going through Garrison's math as an "exorcise". C'mon Jerry, It may be pretty obtuse stuff for us non mathematicians, but there really aren't any demons:)
Also, at the beginning of the genome discussion you mention "a action family". Should be "an", of course.
Seriously, great job, obviously, you have put enormous effort into this.
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Now that was funny, I don't care who you are...
Umpqua Beaver

Post by Umpqua Beaver »

Who cares? :)
Jerry Foster

Post by Jerry Foster »

Thank you Tom, I do apreciate * the corrections.. moreover I am delighted that anyone takes the time to scramble through my hodge-podge of reasoning..Thanks to all who make the effort.

And of course thanks to Ron and Adam for the voice of reason. hehee

I think it could be better but it's had for me to get that organized.

Thanks again

Jerry