7 for a 4 Duracane

outright, trade or barter
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

7 for a 4 Duracane

Post by Troutgetter »

Leonard Duracane.
Sold as a 7' for a 4wt. Actual length assembled is 7' 2" and a fraction.

I bought this blank from Ron Barch late '97, got it finished apparently in April '98. All rod markings by me by quill and paint. Shitty overcoat of varnish on script, embedded with cat hair aquired by finishing the wraps near the window which was the cat hole. Sorry, it was an honest effort. I had six cats. Ex got them in the divorce too along with my dog.

SO...For Sale...Leonard Duracane.
Purchased as a blank. Finished out by me when I knew not what I was doing.
If I were considering purchasing this rod I would also consider stripping and rewrapping. There I said it. Not the most complimentary piece of my work but I did it and I have to live with it. Regardless, the rod fishes just fine. Blank is straight and true.

I stumbled on this rod this morning while moving a bunch of strips from a corner of the shop. It was buried in there.
Blank purchased from Ron Barch as a blank as he apparently came across a barrel of Duracane blanks 14 or 15 years ago. I purchased from an ad in the "Planing Form."
Ron was also kind enough to send me a spool of Leonard Green he aquired in the same deal and the rod is wrapped Leonard Green tipped gold. The gold disappeared in the varnish. Reel seat is a Winston C&R cork insert. I have documentation from Ron, but I can't put my hands on it right now as a bunch of stuff is now in storage. I also can't put my hands on the remainder of the spool of Leonard Green, same deal.
However they do go with the rod and when things are unpacked and in my hands they are yours as well. Non-original tube and bag, REC I believe.
Ferrule plug is original Leonard Butternut/cork, ferrules quality blued by Leonard, original Leonard sold/mounted ferrules, reel seat hardware blued by me with LeClair's. No protective coat, looks like it too. Has been well fished.

$1000.00 OBO + shipping/ins.

Twice lost twice found?
Ron found a lost barrel of Leonard Blanks, I found one. I lost it, thought it was stolen and found it this morning in a pile of strips. I thought someone stole it frome me from my shop. My bad for even thinking that.

Thanks for looking. If you have ANY questions please write...quickly.
I will be happy to take more/other pics as I realize these aren't the best (quite shitty actually but done in a hurry) but quite soon the rod and camera will be packed.

I needs the money...buy this old fucker!

Mike