Click For Skogen

where ideas grow
matsoberg
Maker: Mats Oberg

Post by matsoberg »

clic....

:D
www.scandcane.com

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish they are after". - Henry David Thoreau
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Mats, feel free to remind me of this every single day.

I am in no way suprised that the thread I placed at CTF on this topic was largely ignored.

Anyway, clicking every day.
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

click!
greg hall

Buy a Tree!!!

Post by greg hall »

When I clicked last night it said there had been 8,200 clicks the day before. I haven't been tracking it that closely but I think the numbers have been trending upwards.
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

I'm going to make it easier for us to do this. I've got Gus, a long time inter-web friend who is working on design for us here. He is going to add in the button on each of the pages. I asked him to place it in the upper right of the header so that anyone surfing in can just click it.

One mouse click and you donate to purchase a forest to keep it a forest?

Clicking every day.
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

Thank you Adam and Gus!
greg hall

Let's Green Congress

Post by greg hall »

How about a tree for Congress. I figure Shay drinks enough beer to keep it well watered. :lol:
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

"A Tree for Congress!"
Congress SHOULD have at least ONE tree!
I'm all for it!

We should consider another button..."Buy a Beer For Shay." Once the tree is planted it HAS to be watered and cared for. We'll plant it within close walking distance of the shop...very close.
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

I'll contribute to the "Tree for Congress" program, including the arboreal hydration plan but Mike has to understand one thing. Beer contains multiple trace elements and nutrients and the alcohol content is low enough that if a bottle is opened and allowed to "breathe" for 24 hours it will become nontoxic to plants. Urea, the substance of highest concentration in urine, is, however, poisonous in even low concentrations and in many parts of the world is used as a weed killer. So, Shay, the deal is this: We supply the tree and the fluids. Every day you uncap a couple of bottles and let them air out and pour the previous day's pair on the sapling. Summertimes you should keep the brewskis chilled and in winter warm 'em up so as to not shock the little rootlets(might consider English stouts for the warm stuff).

An additional bonus to this approach is that the tears Mike sheds each time he "beers" the tree will just add to the fluid loading. :lol:

Ken
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
greg hall

Post by greg hall »

It all makes perfect sense but I think we just lost Shay in our effort to green up Congress. :P