adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

I like that, mountain pirate...

I also like this, thank you for that.
stevekiley
Maker: Steve Kiley

Post by stevekiley »

i just got back from the met.it was differant without you guys there,canyon creek camp ground was empty,and it was very quiet .but it was great with the family ,and i got 2 fish at the eddy matts likes to fish,great pictures ken,lets see some more, thanks ,the mountain pirate
greendrake

Post by greendrake »

Gotta agree with Steve! Great pictures. Really gives one a sense of what the area is like.Thanks for posting them Ken.

By the way Ken,when you stopped by Shays' did you by any chance get an update on the Grassart rod?

Will
Joe Beelart
Author: Oregon Bamboo

Snooken -- Great Photos

Post by Joe Beelart »

The trout one amazes me.

Thank you for sharing.

Joe

Ps: you had quite a week. Hope to see you again.
Apprentice to Steve Kiley
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

Will; The Maker's Rod project is still alive but we're still waiting for 2 more tip strips to get done and sent to Shay. As you know, Adam has had other issues to deal with and now the heat in Phoenix makes his shop area an oven. My best guess is that by the end of September the build will get back on track and should progress pretty quickly from there.

Joe; I've got to confess.......The trout shot is pretty but was taken at the catchment outflow lake at the Metolius Hatchery. And they were a lot easier to capture images of than you were..... :lol:

Now that I'm home I'm kicking my own ass for not shooting more photos. I carried a little Olympus 720 SW almost everywhere, had a 2nd memory card for a total capacity of about 1800 SHQ shots but only took 375. The photos Mats posted, using a quality digital SLR, make mine look like Crayola Film plus I'm a lousy photographer anyway. I should have been using flash under the tent and made a methodical circuit of the show each day. Should have spent time shooting the casting area. Should have done closeup details of all the amazing rods. Should have taken portraits of all the wonderful people, the campfire bull sessions, ....ad infinitum.

I'm working on editing/fixing the images I do have and will continue to post 'em in the coming days and weeks. If any of you guys want large format copies emailed to you let me know.

Ken
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
matsoberg
Maker: Mats Oberg

Post by matsoberg »

Hi guys.

Back from up north to face reality and work again. Left for up there just a couple of days after the Oregon trip as I needed to get away from the crowds in the city.

We had a great time with you guys. Anders was so delighted and he wants to go back again. You guys will probably never know what this trip meant to us.

Joe: What a great Oregon welcome we got. Dispite the fact that Anders´ rod got left in Amsterdam and we had to pick it up at the airport the day after, we had such a great time staying at yours. You and Sharon took care of us and you drove us all over town. That´s worth a lot.

Ken: It was a treat to meet you. You were just as relaxed as I pictured you and it felt like I´ve known you for years. And btw: your photography is great. You have the eye for composing the image and that´s what counts. A few extra pixles won´t make up for that.

Steve: Good to meet you again man. Sorry we woke you up inthe morning when we were heading for the airport. We didn´t realize it was too early in the morning.
Your 8 footer is a marvel. I fished it like hell those two weeks I was up in the cabin. The grip is more than soiled, it has seen both browns and grayling every day. I really used it hard.

Paul: It would have been nice to meet you. Like Ken says; Anders didn´t take the hat off more than for changing clothes and hitting the sack. He says thanks tons.

Jerry: You stop messing with my thoughts will you? I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted in a rod, until you came along with that collection of yours, making me re-concidering it all. In any case, good to meet you again and I hope to get over once again to see you.

Dave: You made friends with Anders. Period. I haven´t seen the little guy so lit up in years as on that day in your boat. Way to go man. He talks about you. Love ya.
Kicking his old man´s butt in fishing was something he says.

Chris: Thanks for having us over for dinner. It was great although Anders was too tired to stay up. And thanks for good company on the river. Good thing all of us got skunked so no-one had to be embarrased. Yes, I know you did well on Friday. :lol: Say hi to Mom.

Tim: Great to meet up with you and Josie. Too bad we didn´t catch up on the river. Would have been fun! I guess we were too much of sleepy heads to get up in the morning. Hope to catch up with you next year.

I met alot of people and I don´t know if any of them are members here, so if that´s the case, please enlighten me.

Adam and Mike: Next year, huh?

Will post some images later on.

// Mats (and Andy)
www.scandcane.com

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish they are after". - Henry David Thoreau
matsoberg

Post by matsoberg »

Some images.

Up on the ridge at sunset with a short time between the two first and the last one a few minutes later.

I´m amazed that I didn´t get more flare in the first image, but I guess that´s the upside of using primes.

Last edited by matsoberg on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
www.scandcane.com

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish they are after". - Henry David Thoreau
matsoberg

Post by matsoberg »

The Rigde-Crew checking the Metolius from above. Yes, she´s down there:

www.scandcane.com

adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

I missed it, I missed it, I missed it.

Damn it.

Arghhh!!!
Bamboo Addict
Guide

Post by Bamboo Addict »

That is almost my view ever morning looking out my fly tying room window at Mt. Pit just north of Mt. Shasta. Oh Adam seeing how Mikey isn't here (on the board right now) I guess I will pick on you. After our weekly tying jam here at my place, I will be putting the boat in for a trout float, just because. May end up a bikini watch but what the hell, I can multi task when I need to.
David