2009 Camp Sherman

under the big tent
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

Dave;

"You've got Mail"

:twisted: :D :twisted: :lol: :twisted: 8)

Should be arriving by the end of the week.

Ken
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
PMcRoberts
Dunsmuir Shingle Shaker

Post by PMcRoberts »

All,

Well, this week starts the preparations and packing for Camp Sherman!!! So, who is going??? My plans are confirmed, and if I don't make it, its because my truck broke down somewhere around Dunsmuir!!! As a side note, my scotch club bottling for this month is an 18 year old Macallan cask strength (Only 242 bottles made)!!! Would that work for the campfire chat or should I make another selection? Mats and Anders, your items are packed ready to go!!! Can't wait to see some of your mugs in person!!! We are staying at Cold Springs Resort on the river!!!

Cheers,
Paul McRoberts
Keep smiling........it makes people wonder what you're up to!!!
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

I've had that 18 yo cask strength.
Fine elixer and will be wasted on the louts who will be guzzling your fine bottle around the campfire.

Try and have some damn fun will ya?

Give my love to Jenny and my regards to the bastards around the fire.
PMcRoberts
Dunsmuir Shingle Shaker

Post by PMcRoberts »

Mike,

I got room for ya!!! Get yer bastard butt to Napa, or take amtrack to some point along they way and we'll grab ya and go!!! BTW, I just received a nice package of wood direct from the coast of Islay!!!! You know I am going to share, and it is a combination of French and American!!!

Get yer arse to Oregon young man!!! You just need to get there, the rest will be taken care of!!!

Brother Paul
Keep smiling........it makes people wonder what you're up to!!!
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

wtf!
I ain't gots no dinero!
I ain't going nowhere!
Besides, my dog would drive you all insane.
I wanted a dog like Miss Kate, but got a dog like Carrie. She stares at you, makes you pick up the toy, throw the toy. The game has no end.
You would never be able to sip a fine scotch, relax around a campfire, talk intelligently about tapers, while being stared at to throw the rope.

It's best you all just remember me pre-bonnie. I can't divorce her. Who would take her? Evil, evil dog.

We need a 'dog' thread on this board. I'm no longer a moderator thing or I would just make one.

Since I've been in AZ, there has always been at least one dog in the shop. I was dogless here for about a year. Then Bonnie came to the rescue.

I fell in love with Miss Kate (a border collie mix) in CS last time I was able to go. It renewed my love of Border Collies. I've had two, now three.

Paul and Jenny went so far as to fly to MT to pick up Lucky...or whatever his name is, Snooken has sent me pictures of him and his two boxers and that picture is on my wall. I suspect MANY of you have sporting dogs, working dogs or just simply mutts who aren't nuts to do somekind of work, but simply be next to you and bring a measure of comfort.
Even Crusty Jerry has a dog!
I love hunting and working dogs. I love watching a dog do what it was bred for.
A dog ranging and going on point. A collie working a herd. A Lab watching where the gun barrel is pointing so he knows which way to jump out of the skiff. I freaking love dogs...

4th of July I built a shelter for 4 dogs. The same day, I helped clean out junk from a pen that had a shade built but too dangerous to let horses into. After it was built and cleaned out, Bonnie went right to work. She took on eight 1000 pound horses and simply moved them ALL into the new pen in about 1 minute. I was flabbergasted and amazed. A thousand years of breeding simply took over and she knew exactly what to do.
My dog is psychic. She knows what I'm thinking before I do. I believe this, skoff if you will but I know.
Bamboo Addict
Guide

Post by Bamboo Addict »

Paul,
give me a call again, some how I dropped your #. Linda and I are heading out Sunday Morning going to stop in Bend at the Orvis shop and cast a round of golf. That on the water casting golf course is a gas and took 50 bucks off the casting pro last time through.
David
Mvbrooks

Camp Sherman

Post by Mvbrooks »

I wont be attending Camp Sherman again this year. My daughter is moving over to the Valley from Bend. Her husband got a job over here and we will be helping them move that weekend. If any of you want to drop by, however, drop me an email and we can visit or, if my bride will let me off from baby sitting, we can fish he McKenzie.