Trahan Tonkin

where ideas grow
zenflyfisher

Post by zenflyfisher »

No Brother Mike
PIDGIN english. Goggle up the pidgin english dictionary for the translation of mems post. And it will help with all his future postings. And you thought swedish translation was hard.(:
Whiskey is for drinking, water is for fighting over
Troutgetter
ratonero de bambú

Post by Troutgetter »

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks man!
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

Guys, let's all chip in a few bucks and get Adam a can of Panda Repellant Spray. Maybe a motion sensor switch and flood lights on the wall to keep the jackalopes from raiding at night. I thought Arizona had some kind of state law forbidding the growth of anything that either didn't have thorns or wasn't toxic.
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Aye yai yai...
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

Truth is, Admeister, I think it is a great project and likely to proudce quite usable culms if it handles the worst your winters can throw at it. You expressed interest in experimenting with other species as well. There is a chance I can come into some culms of various species as Florida is cane crazy and I have a few connections in the landscaping/horticulture industry. If that works out I'll aim 'em at you. And, FWIW, if you want to grow some other species the runner types aren't that hard to control if you install inground perimeters around them.
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Rhizome barriers.

I would like to try some other species. I know if you have been reading here, then you know what we need to make a good pole.

I'de like to try the culms you come up with Ken. If you get the poles, we can talk about shipping.

Thank you.
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Arundinaria Amabilis planted at our house on 3/29/09 - this image 04/26/09

3/29/09

Ok, here is the first update. About 4 weeks in, everything looks good, it appears to have darkened up greener a little, could be the image, could be wishful thinking but the cannibis hunters have left this one alone...
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

How much sunlight is it getting planted near the wall?. Have you done anything to enrichen the the soil there? Being a runner species I think if you dig a trench or two radiating out from the planting and blend in some good topsoil you may be able to "lead" the patch into growing in the directions you want it to.
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

There is no problem mate, she looks good.
fleaflicker

Post by fleaflicker »

Just a wondering how your Tonkin is doing mate?