Trahan Tonkin

where ideas grow
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Still growing, but about the same size as when I planted.

I was "overwatering" the damn thing for the first six months. Stripped brown leaves, tips split, looking ugly. I went to a bamboo nursery and they said, "you are overwatering" and now I water like once a week and it is dark green and looking good. I nearly killed it giving it the daily treatment of water love and care, does not need that much water love and care...

I'll get a snap up soon.

I think I lost like six months of growth by overwatering but now I'm on track again and it's looking good.
SnooKen
The Great Mosquito King

Post by SnooKen »

The second thing I'd think about is loosening up the soil where you planted it. The ground in your backyard seemed pretty densely packed, almost like someone had built a city on top of a damned desert. :lol:
The rods you guys are making today would cause Hiram, Edwards and the Paynes as well as Fred Devine to crap their pants then giggle like boys peeking into the girls' locker room as they strung them up and laid out the first casts.
aguafria

Post by aguafria »

SnooKen wrote:. The ground in your backyard seemed pretty densely packed, almost like someone had built a city on top of a damned desert. :lol:
as opposed to, say, a swamp?
adam
hobbyist tinkerer

Post by adam »

Dug huge hole, mixed potting soil, sand and vermiculite.

I can loosen though...

I'm not worrying about it, the thing does better when I don't worry about it.
fleaflicker

Post by fleaflicker »

aguafria wrote: as opposed to, say, a swamp?
Ouch :lol:

Good to hear the cane is doing ok now